1894

Birth of the Sasana Abhiwurdhi Wardhana Society, obtained land for the building of the temple, Buddhist Maha Vihara, and laid the foundation stone by Mrs. C.E. Spooner.

 

Timeline Slider

1971
1932
1902
1895
1894

1971

The International Buddhist Pagoda was declared open by the 1971's Minister of Finance, Hon'ble Tun Tan Siew Sin. This Pagoda contains a sacred relic of the Buddha enshrined within, and as such ranks as a Sareerika dagaba, thus becoming the foremost sacred edifice within the grounds of the BMV.      
Read More

1932

The formal opening of the Preaching Hall was erected by P.H Hendry by laying a commemorative plaque at the entrance. This hall was a popular venue for meetings, and gatherings, and was also used as a multi-purpose hall during festive seasons like Wesak.
Read More

1902

The construction of the Shrine hall was completed
Read More

1895

The first monk quarters were built.
Read More

1894

Birth of the Sasana Abhiwurdhi Wardhana Society, obtained land for the building of the temple, Buddhist Maha Vihara, and laid the foundation stone by Mrs. C.E. Spooner.   Timeline Slider  
Read More

 

About the Author

You may also like these

No Related Post